Vacation, for me, tends to mean a break from schedules and the every day tasks that make up my daily existence. Sure there may be plans during trips I take, but otherwise it is a break from routine.
And that can be a dangerous thing.
I have had a sense of well-being, productivity, and all around clarity with some of the new habits I have brought into my life lately. Things like:
- My daily ritual of meditation
- My daily lemon water with Braggs apple cider vinegar in the morning before breakfast and 1 hour before bed at night.
- My daily workout (yes, even us personal trainers can get bogged down with life and not make time to exercise as much as we should)
- My daily use of essential oils at work and before going to bed
- Multiple alarms as reminders (take vitamins, work duties, pick up the kids, etc.)
Notice the common denominator: DAILY. When these things are in place and part of my day-to-day routine, I notice it. And my brain notices it.
I can think clearer, I have more energy, I don’t forget things (as much), and I am just a nicer person to be around. If I am on my schedule and not worrying about all of the things floating around in my head, I am more patient and generally more pleasant.
So what to do? Keep on my schedule as best as possible. This morning, I was up at 6am before everyone else, made my lemon water, and proceeded to do a 10 minute morning meditation with my insight-timer app.
I feel better, and feel like the day is going to be a good one. This is because I have prepared my mind for what is to come, and put a bit of my daily rituals into practice on vacation.
I will say, it is nice not having all of my alarms set.
Now where did I put those vitamins?…